Friday 1 April 2011

Rewarding the successes as they come along.

Today I reached my first goal in this process, my first 20 pounds gone...takes a moment, pats self on back, takes a bow. As caught up as I can get on focusing on the finish line I think I MUST acknowledge my successes by rewarding myself along the way. So, as a reward for reaching this goal I have decided to commission an on-line caricature artist to make a personalized Avatar, me as a sexy baker. I feel this would be a fitting homage to the process that got me to the point of needing to get fit again hahaha.


According to Weight Watchers you have to find rewards that don't include food. At first I was like "Commme on now...there is nothing better them my eats". But, I took their advice and really applied myself to coming up with fitting rewards for hitting my goals that DON'T involve lovely food or beverages. The Avatar is one idea. Another is getting a new hair cut, or leaving up a picture on Facebook that I don't particularly like and rewarding myself with changing that picture once I have reached my goal. I have also thought of booking my folks for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon of babysitting and just relaxing, alone, by the water with a good book. For the really small rewards I will post on Facebook or Twitter about what I have achieved and have gotten so much positive feedback that it really does feel like a reward.

My twitter today
"I might not have reached anyone's ideal but I am my perfect right now"

No comments:

Post a Comment