Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Wednesday Effect

We all know that some days are harder then others. The good news is that it works the other way 'round too, some days can be much easier and far more rewarding then others. Mid week does not mean the blues when it comes to my running program and diet. I feel like a light & lean moving machine come Wednesday and it has consistently been my most effective, successful and inspiring day of the week. Today I was able to jog 3.3 km stopping briefly four times. When I started jogging a month ago I had to stop after every 60 seconds for a 90 second breather. I realize that 3.3 km might be some peoples warm up route but for me it is EPIC. On Sunday this week I suffered. I felt like there was an elephant sitting on my chest when I ran, I was ready to dive face first into a bowl of whipped cream and salted chips. I gritted my teeth and thought to myself "Why isn't this getting any easier? " Here it is, Wednesday, and I am thinking "yum, fresh fruit and soup for lunch seems really appealing, maybe i'll have those cookies I brought with me today but only if I feel like it, I don't NEED to have them.  Run 5km...but of course I can do that....i'm almost there already right...It is Wednesday after all."

I wrote this on day 2 of the C25K

I hope it will get easier and I will be able to look back at the tragedy of today's leg and say....it's so much easier today then on day 2.

I can say, wholeheartedly,  that it is so much easier then day 2, it really is.

Oh, and I am totally eating those cookies...there was never any doubt about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment