Thursday 28 April 2011

The reasoning

The things I do for food...remarkable really...I have finally realized that if I turn my drive for nosh towards good rather then evil I get so much more done.

This morning at 5.A.M. the last thing I wanted to do was get up for a run...but I did
I couldn't find my good track pants or a pair of socks and I was starving so while I was rummaging around for the pants, stealing a pair of his socks and rustling up a light snack I, of course, woke the baby. I tried all my foolproof tricks to settle him back down which, naturally, didn't work because any fool knows there is no foolproof plan to settle a baby down. Finally as the baby is starting to slip back into whiny dreamland I head to the door only to realize that the skies had opened and it was raining fat cats and dogs....sigh.  I plug on....start my jog in the dismal, grey blah. 1/2 a block in i'm panting and wishing I brought my inhaler...I plug on....1 1/2 blocks later I am thinking OMG why didn't I bring my inhaler!!...I plug on. I make it only 1/2 my normal run and have to throw in the towel...not only had my lungs screamed enough's enough on the second of my four bends but my Ipod batteries kicked the bucket.

Why did I stick it out? Why did I bother...so I could have a bigger breakfast, a cookie at lunch and a glass of wine with dinner...and it was SO worth it!

1 comment:

  1. You are one tough cookie to head out in that miserable weather.

    ReplyDelete