Saturday 23 April 2011

Recovering from the cheat

So here it is, the eve before the start of a new week and I have just spent the last 48 hours rather then 24 cheating. Everything from chocolate cheese cake to Cote St Luc BBQ Fries passed these lips this weekend. I don't usually feel that terrific guilt that can come along with cheating...after a week of running and dieting I feel I owe myself the break....but this time I went over board and the guilt has crept in.  Now, as I sit here, I am dreading the day tomorrow because along with the pleasure of cheating comes the pain of readjusting the stomach size and, usually, a very brutal run. The saturation of salt, fat and sugar in my blood stream makes me sluggish, demotivated and bloated....ugh! If I can just get through tomorrow i'll be motivated to get through the rest of the week (*I hope*).

So tonight I wallow with a belly full of twizzlers and Easter chocolate, tomorrow I pound it out on the road, I starve it out with pita bread and low fat cheese spread, I will it out with sheer determination...and hope I survive to live to another cheat day because, basically, Cheat Days are what I live for !

No comments:

Post a Comment