Thursday 31 March 2011

Excuses

Everyday from the day my son was born on July 20 2009  until Jan3 2011 I had made excuses as to why I could not get active, could not eat within my recommended calories for the day. I was stressed, too busy, exhausted, preoccupied, no opportunity, the list can go on for days.

I don't know what happened this year aside from turning 39. Somehow I am motivated, magically. Everyday is better then the last. Sure, I have slipped up, my process has been slower because of those slip ups but it doesn't matter because I know I am not on that slippery slope. I can forgive the mistakes and carry on without wallowing in them. Is this how it happens, is this how people finally change for good? One day it's like a light switch turns on and they realize they CAN do it and the excuses just don't make sense any more?

Week 16 of being on Weight Watchers and I have lost 14.5 pounds, an average of 1.45 pounds a week. This week is the first week out of the last 16 that I haven't felt hungry all the time and I have stayed on track every day. I have also been more active then I have been in years and I don't feel the need to find excuses as to why I can get up, get out and get moving.

It has been a great 16 weeks so far, this one has been the best to date.

2 comments:

  1. You give me inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first paragraph sounds like me! I'm hoping to make a turnaround too!

    ReplyDelete