Friday 16 September 2011

WHAT...you've got to be kiding me.....

I have a confession....I have been on Weight Watchers since January and I haven't ONCE followed the program completely ....shame on me.  Once a week I make a decision to break the rules from Friday night to Saturday night by eating what I want, drinking as much as I want, snacking on high calorie treats....basically binging for about 24 hours. When I went on WW the first time I did this same thing and lost 40 pounds but never got below a certain number. Well, I have stalled out at approximately that same number, give or take 5 pounds, once again.  I have been circling it for months now and the only thing left for me to do to kick start the weight loss is to become a full fledger on the program...to follow it religiously. I am allotted an extra 49 points a week for treats like wine, a piece of cake, a big breakfast...I have been going over that 49 points wildly...just the one day a week. I can see that now all the hard work of running, walking, point counting, hunger pains, refusing to give in to cravings is for nothing because of this one binge day.

So I admitted this for the first time at my WW meetings this week and they challenged me to follow the plan for 4 solid days over the weekend, no binge day.

So, here we are, t-45 minutes until my usual binge day start and I am debating whether or not I should even attempt this madness. I know everyone else can follow the plan, I should be able to. I realize (sadly) that I am sabotaging my work with the over eating but it is mentally SO good for me...it truly truly is. I have been struggling to fit the WW diet into my life and make it a part of the backdrop and not the front and center of my everything. Dieting makes me feel deprived, angry....if I have a cheat day to look forward to I can be good, I can be solid the rest of the week.

I can only try...I can only do my best and see if I like the 49 point rule..I will do my best but I am pretty sure i'm not going to like it....here goes nothing.........

No comments:

Post a Comment