Tuesday 13 September 2011

Rules to live by

For me my two new rules to live by since the birth of my son is:

I need "Me" time and I need to be at a healthy weight all the time, or at least striving towards it. Without the appropriate amount of both I am not happy, plain and simple.

This discovery has actually been very important to me, to my relationship with my family, for my attitude at work and has kept me motivated on the program. Realizing how much better I feel since losing some of my weight and clawing back personal time even with my very busy life has made me sane again, we were all starting to get worried!

I don't consider the two activities as the same thing, they are mutually exclusive. My running time is exercise and my "me" time is down time where I don't have to do anything but exactly what I want to do, guilt free. If I want to watch my soaps, wander the mall aimlessly, or sit on the deck with a book that is my relaxing time. Sometimes my "me" time includes my man or my boy because they both relax and delight me. Usually though it is all about me and i'm fine with that.






2 comments:

  1. Nice. Well we all need time alone. It's important to clear your head from time to time.

    God knows were all pretty busy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you and me time is a must too XX

    ReplyDelete