Friday 3 June 2011

meeting the goal, setting new sights

I am proud to announce that on May 27th I ran my first 5 KM.

Takes a bow....


Crossing that mental finish line was one of the proudest moments I have ever had. I never thought in a million years that I would be capable of doing this. The speed in which I improved was astounding and it is not because I am something special....it is just the way we are all built. If I can run 5km almost anyone can.

But instead of stopping at that I think I better strike while the iron's hot and set up a new goal. Today I would like to set the goal of the Terry Fox 10K in September. Again, I am reluctant to think this is possible but without setting up the goal there is nothing to shoot for.

5Km wasn't easy but it certainly wasn't nearly as difficult as I had feared it would be. Not only that, but I discovered that running has  been good for the mind, body and soul. I feel more confident, I feel thinner and I feel better about myself for doing it. It is a HIGH and I recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment