Friday 3 June 2011

Thank You

  This week's Weight Watcher meeting focused on the people in your life who help you or sabotage you on your weight loss journey. I didn't connect with the sabotage portion of the topic in terms of people trying to derail my efforts because everyone in my life has been incredibly encouraging towards my success and actively helping me to reach my goals. I am so lucky to have such a supportive and loving man in my life who I can share my triumphs with and who props me up when I am feeling like I can't accomplish my goals. He gives me the confidence to try anything and the acknowledgment when I succeed. My man is also a major role model. He keeps his weight in check with sheer will power and always has...impressive. He ran in a 1/2 marathon 2 weeks after our son was born...inspiring (although a little insane). He is fit and physical and I admire that, I am inspired by it and I strive to be in the same realm if not equal to him, Thank you Dave.

The only person trying to sabotage my success is me. I am the only one who talks myself into cheats or skipping runs. I take ownership of and responsibility for my own actions here. I know that part of a life change is wrestling with my own will to be lazy and eat out of habit. I have been successful to some degree, I have lost 24 pounds so far from Jan 5, I am proud of that. I have run 5KM, I am extremely proud of that. I feel at this point that I have control over the exercise portion of my lifestyle change. That being said I feel that I have always enjoyed the active life. I have joined gyms and included daily activity in my life for years. I am more serious and methodical with the activity level then ever before and that is the direct change I have made in the last 6 months. Where I am sabotaging myself is with food. I am constantly justifying treats and cheat. I am constantly at battle with myself to not over eat or slip up. It is wearying and frustrating. I knew I had a lot of work to do to reign in that part of my brain but I never realized how much work it would be. The exercise has helped me get to where I am today but if I don't get control of the relationship I have with food I fear for my future success in this change.

I will keep plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment