Monday 9 May 2011

Jeanetics

I had a wake up call last week...no weight loss, in fact weight GAIN! I was frustrated, mad, shocked, disappointed, perplexed and felt like giving up. Then I pondered over what went wrong, how can I be running 20 km's a week and still gain weight? How could it be possible to add pounds when I sweat my butt off 30-45 minutes 4 times a week? ARRRGHHHHH!

I chalk it up to two things: Just because I have run for 1/2 an hour doesn't give me carte blanche at dinner time and, I just don't have it in the genes, that is my reality.


So here I am festering over the fact that people like my fiance can eat lovely whopping slabs of jammy toast and 2 eggs (his breakfast this morning) while I sit there, after running for 1/2 hour, nibbling on a slice of bread for diabetics, how is this fair? Well, if I had always nibbled on diabetic bread I wouldn't be in this predicament of being over weight. That being said, my fiance is also equipped with a fast burning metabolism and an "off" switch when it comes to eating at meal time. I am equipped with a love of food and  "i've had enough" comes 10 minutes too late at most mealtimes. Genetics play a deeper role here, if you have the right genes to fit into the right jeans (sorry, I could NOT resist) your weight just isn't an issue for you, thank your lucky stars for that little daily miracle. Just a word of advice for my lovely fiance from a ravenous, disgruntled dieting girlfriend on the warpath,  practice your ducking reflexes for those mealtimes when a fork, carefully aimed, comes flying across the dinner table......

I love you and i'm just kidding, a dinner roll has much better balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment