Monday 16 May 2011

All You Can't Eat Anonymous

So as the weeks drift by and the pain staking process of dropping the pounds keeps hammering on and on I have lost focus. I am trying my best but I find that the diet is relentless. I have reached the point where I feel I may start to slip back into my evil ways. So, I am enlisting friends to help me along the way. Anyone who I can corner and blab to about my diet talk, I do...then I try to enlist them. I NEED buddies to keep me on track and in my opinion, the more the merrier. My dream is to have legions of like minded people watching each other carefully in order to help them stay on track to their goals, sharing stories, recipes, exercise tips. I would get personal where if you feel a cheat coming on you could call your support buddy. If you gain 10 pounds on your cruise to the Bahamas then the Boot Camp drill sergeant will be all over your ass when you get back...i'll call it "All You Can't Eat Anonymous" .... who's with me?

Everyone I talk to about food has some kind of relationship with it. In this society of over eating we have to form an opinion or maybe a line of defense is a better way of describing how one deals with food. It isn't easy to change a pattern, sometimes you need support and the best kind of support, in my books, comes from people who understand, who've been there, who are going through it with you.

So that's where we're at now....struggling along trying to resist the compulsion to over eat, usually succeeding and trying not to beat myself up when I don't. I can feel my resistance starting to wane and having the self awareness of that fact gives me hope. I will keep on enlisting my friends to join my army to fight the battle of the bulge, we will succeeedddddd!

No comments:

Post a Comment