Sunday 8 May 2011

Dear Ian

Dear Ian,

Today is mother's day and for the second time in my life I have been able to celebrate along with all the other moms out there. I am so proud and happy to be, not only a mother, but your mother. I feel that I owe YOU a gift today and so I will give you what I think is the best gift I can offer...I promise to be the healthiest I have ever been this year. I promise that by the end of the month of May 2011 I will have run 5KM without stopping, I promise to stay on my diet and lose those pounds that have been threatening my health and therefore my future as your mom. I hope that I can stay motivated so that I become a role model for health and fitness in your life. I want you to watch me enjoy the process of exercise and eventually want to join me. Maybe by then I will actually be able to chat while we run....right now it's all I can do to keep my legs up but I am still learning. One day I want to be the one to teach you.

Thanks kiddo, you have inspired me to change and in 39 years NOTHING has been able to do that.

Love, mommamomma

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!!! And oh so true... our kids do drive us to do things we never thought possible. ;-)

    ReplyDelete