Monday 8 August 2011

Crunching the numbers

Anyone who has been on any kind of weight loss program has an umoveable number that they never think they will ever get to cross....I am 5 pounds away from my unmoveable number. It is exciting to be so close but a little frustrating to be, what I know is, a few weeks away from getting below the number (my weight loss has slowed way down now) .I have noticed that the numbers are playing a huge role in the diet head game for me...can I run 5 km?, how many ozs have I lost this week?, do I count that point in my plan? I am constantly crunching the numbers , all day long.  When I stop counting I end up cheating, it's the way I roll. I need to add up those activity points for running (translation, more food!!), or I won't bother running at all, I need to get on that scale daily in order to remain accountable for any weight gain or celebrate any weight loss, I need to count those calories or I over eat.  As long as I have a mental spreadsheet running in my head at all times I remain on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment