Wednesday 15 February 2012

Made it to 40

So today at 12:25 or so I turned the big 4-0. Although all year I was promising myself that this was going to be the "Me" decade and that I was really looking forward to the whole 40 thing...I can't help but enter this new decade with trepidation. I know you are only as old as you feel and I feel great, I feel young, healthy and ready to rumble. It isn't the brand new 40 I am thinking about, it's the decade of change I am worrying about. When I hit 30 I had it all to look forward to, a loving relationship that grew into a stable partnership that resulted in a child and a new home. The career that was budding and new, no wrinkles, no grey hairs, and I was still able to get away with a skirt that was >< too short.  40 is a whole new animal. I feel, entering into this brave new world, that 40 is where your confidence and sage, wise self develop. Where experience finally pays off.  I am hoping this is the decade where I can relax, explore without objective, learn without necessity and chill out a little. The things that scare me about 40 are out of my control anyway but hopefully I will find the coping skills for the new challenges of the "40ties" and use what I already know to carry me through the rest.

Onwards and upwards....here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment